Theaters of War is a Scenario/Mission generator for WHFB 8th edition. It draws inspiration from Gav Thorpe’s Scenario Generator, published for WHFB 6th edition. Theaters of War is designed to be used with, the included, Revised Terrain Generator.
- Support for one-off battles or ongoing campaign games;
- General’s Leadership and the army’s unit composition affects the advantage in dictating terms of engagement, then players roll-off against each other;
- Depending on the advantage gained, different types of scenarios are available: Capture, Pitched Battle, Raid, Ambush, Defensive Stand, etc;
- Winner of the roll-off can choose to play the role of attacker and use the scenario type rolled, or fall back and play a Defensive Stand scenario as a defender;
- The defender always gets to choose the Environment where the battle takes place (possibly earning the defender significant advantage if in their native environment), unless it is set in a map campaign game (this is meant to use the ‘Revised Terrain Generator’);
- Scenarios where one player is at an advantage automatically grant one of many ‘Stratagems’ to the other player (inspired by the Lords of Battle campaign rules in The End Times: Thanquol).
- Support for ‘Contingents’ of Mercenaries, Bound Monsters and Sorcerous Pacts (from Triumph & Treachery and Storm of Magic) allow a player to boost the army’s size without changing the army list, for those scenarios that require unequal sized forces;
- Dozens of scenarios to choose from: fight across the river ford, raid the watchtower or the village, infiltrate the unsuspecting town, hold the line, secure the objectives, fight for control of the great tower or sacrifice yourself as the rearguard!
Check out more info on Theaters of War here!